Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Fun!

We had such a fun 4th of July weekend! It was packed full of fun and family!
First off, we headed to Island Park on Thursday night. Friday was such a beautiful day, Kade went fishing and me and Pax enjoyed being outside. We were the only ones there until Friday afternoon.

Paxten on our walk. He really enjoys being outside and listening for birds, playing in the wees, and of course throwing rocks! He even tried filling up his pockets with rocks...he's such a boy!

I sat outside and read for awhile while Pax was asleep. The view couldn't get much better than this!

Pax ready to drive the boat.

Driving with Grandpa

Kade trying out the new jet ski

Paxten testing out the cold water. It didn't bother him much, I could never keep him out of it.
On Sunday we went to my parents for the redneck 4th of July party. Here's Pax playing with the snap fireworks.


We were planning on playing water balloon volleyball, but it was just so hot, we never got around to it, but the kids had fun throwing them at each other.

Kade getting his fireworks all ready to go.
Getting started with sparklers. He wasn't sure at first, but he had fun once he figured out they were ok.

Sparklers as big as he is!

We had such a fun night. This is such a lovely picture of Kade and Pax ;) but it's the only family one we got that night. We ate and ate and ate until we could barely move and really enjoyed all the fireworks.

I had to throw this one in. We went in Paxtens room yesterday and he has this potato hand puppet tucked into bed and must have been reading a book to him. It was just so cute!

1 comment:

*Melissa* said...

Aw, I love finding their toys all tucked in. :) So cute. Looks like you guys had fun! It's been too long since I've been up there, I wish we had a cabin!!