Kade decided to take us on a family fun day Saturday. We left early and made our first stop at Tautphaus Park Zoo. We haven't taken Paxten to the zoo yet, so this was so much fun. He loved seeing all the animals and making the different sounds they make. I think he liked the monkeys the most.
Family Pic by the flamingos...we didn't aim very good since you can't see them :)
Paxten really liked the big turtles too. He sat and talked to them for quite a while.
He woke this guy up from his nap with his ear piercing scream. He was really excited to see them. He would roar at the lions, but they never roared back.
Looking at the lions.
There was no tiger to see for some reason, so this was the next best thing.
After the zoo we headed toward Palisades. It was such a beautiful drive!
Here's the reservoir. I just wanted to go jump in and swim. I couldn't believe how big it was. I haven't been here since a was really little, so I barely remembered what it looked like.
After that, we stopped at Hoback and watched some rafters come down. It was fun to watch them and most all of them tipped their boats over in front of us. I have always wanted to go rafting, but I think watching them changed my mind!
I didn't get any pictures of them actually flipping, but his one did right after I took the picture.
Then we headed toward Jackson Hole. Paxten was such a trooper and did really well in the car....until this. Daddy bought him a bag of Cheetos and he did great for about an hour, then he decided they needed to be out of the bag. My car still has an orange film on it.
We stopped and had lunch in Jackson and wondered around a bit before heading back. I tried snapping a shot of the Tetons before we headed up the pass.
Kade has stopped at the place that sells square icre cream cones before, but he's never had one. So we stopped in Swan Valley and got some ice cream to top off the day. We had so much fun together as a family and we able to see some really pretty scenery. Seeing all of it made us get the camping itch, so I'm sure we will be heading out soon on a camping trip.



No comments:
Post a Comment