So I'm finally getting around to posting our pictures. I only had 700, so I had to pick and choose :) We went to Dominica, which is in the southern caribbean, to visit my sister Sindy and her family. She is going to med school there. We loved every minute of being there and were able to do so many fun things! The pictures do not do it justice at all! Alot of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies were filmed here and we got to see several of the sights that were featured in the movie. Enjoy the pictures!

This sail boat was in the harbor one day. Pretty cool.

Paxten LOVED the beach

Bense pool. Really hard hike, but it was worth it. That is me standing at the top getting ready to jump in. You could also ride the waterfall down.

Batibou beach, my favorite!

Kade learned how to shell a coconut with a machete. He did a great job and still has all his fingers!

Sand in every nook and cranny!

Kade and Mike's lobster dinner.

Enjoying a sunset

Ti Tou Gorge. Featured in Pirates. The coolest part we couldn't get pictures of, but you swam through this gorge and it opened up into a cave. At the end was a big waterfall...this was one of my favorite places.

Emerald Pool. This is a freshwater pool that we swam in. It was so pretty but the water was dang cold!

Me and Sindy at the #1 look out

This is what the whole island looks like. It is so pretty!!

Trafalgar Falls

Scotts Head. This was the most amazing snorkeling.

Minus me getting stung by a jellyfish....but it was totally worth it! It hurt for a few hours and finally went away, but it did hurt pretty bad!

Me and Pax at Scotts head

That is Scott's head on the right.

Kade and Pax on the hike to Syndicate Falls.

This beach was just down the road from their house. It was really fun, and it had black sand.

Cool flower in the back yard at Sindy's house

Ruins at Cabrits

A cannon just his size!

Kade and Pax enjoying the water

My brother-in-law shot this eel with his spear gun! It was so crazy. It was at least 5 feet long and really thick.

Paxten enjoying the sun on the beach.
We had so much fun and I wish I could share more pictures, but there is just way too many! We were kind of glad to get back to the Idaho weather though. I thought I was about ready to melt. It was in the 90's with at least 80% humidity everyday. It was nice for 10 days, but I couldn't get use to it! A big thank you to Mike and Sindy for the fun trip and showing us such a good time!
2 comments:
I love all your pics! I am wishing we could have gone with you guys :) You are lucky~ and this will be one of those kinds of trips that you never regret going on. I am glad you returned safely and enjoyed the yourselves.
First, I have to tell you that Madi seriously jammed to your tunes. She loves them. :) She got her little groove on. Second, it looks like you guys had tons of fun, I didn't know you got STUNG! Did you pee on it! LOL... :) JK Ouch though! I'm glad it was a blast, the humidity is killer though, right? I don't know if I'll ever get used to it either! I miss the dry Idaho air!
Post a Comment