Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Meet Bristal Lyn Leavitt!

We are so excited to announce the birth of our daughter, Brital Lyn Leavitt! She was born September 28th at 9:15 AM weighing in at 7lbs 5oz, and was 20 1/2" long.
This is the one and only picture of me while pregnant. This was taken 2 days before she came.

I was scheduled to be induced the 28th, but she had other plans. Paxten woke up that night at 3:15 in the morning and when I bent over to pick him up my water broke. I couldn't believe it. So I woke Kade up and we made arrangements for his mom to come stay with Paxten and we were off to the hospital.

My contractions started about 5 minutes after my water breaking and by the time we got to the hospital were right on top of another. They checked me and I was at a 3 and 100% effaced. They tried getting an IV started in me and after about 45 minutes and like 7 sticks they decided to get someone else to try. I(I may have gotten a little grouchy at them at this point!) They checked me again and I was already at a 7 in less than an hour. I thought for sure I was going to have to have this baby natural.  The next nurse got it on her first try. After about 2 1/2 hours of being there I finally got an epidural.

My blood pressure kept dropping really low and babies heart rate kept dropping so they put an internal moniter on her head. Before we knew it I was ready to push and she was here!
I don't know why, but we didn't get any good family pictures. Kade is about half asleep at this point :)
I tease that Bristal came out with her winter storage in her cheeks. They are just so cute!

Paxten is still getting used to have a sister. He likes her, but he hates that she takes so much of mommy's time away from him. Hopefully he adjusts soon.

However, any of you who know Paxten, you know his blanky is his prized possesion and he actually shared it with sissy. So there must be some hope he likes her!
One more, I got her pictures done yesterday and here is my sneak peek at one. So precious! We are loving having Bristal in our home. She is such a sweet little baby. She is such a good sleeper and usually only wakes up once a night. Even when she does wake up, she doesn't cry, I usually hear her sucking on her hand. She is so mild mannered which is such a blessing. We are so thankful that I was able to carry her full term and that she is here healthy.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Congrats Jen! She is so beautiful!

Jamie said...

Awwwww, too cute! I am so happy that this pregnancy went so smoothly without complications :) Can't wait to see her at Christmas!

The McKoons said...

She is so precious. Congrats to your little family.